Sunday, October 17, 2010
What Do I Do Next?
Admit it. You've procrastinated. We've all done it. The problem is that with the internet, students now have options. The internet has come up with a whole new brand of cheating. Students can now copy and paste entire essays and claim them as their own. However, is it worth it to plagiarize. Check out the essay at this website. Lets assume that the teacher doesn't automatically zing you as a cheater and a plagiarist. The teacher sits down and actually grades this...well, lets call it an essay. There is no works cited page, poor sentence structure, lack of pertinent information, and no flow to the essay. Honestly, if I were grading this paper I would give it a D+ tops. True students take pride in what they write. More importantly, they are eager for a chance to learn. Clearly plagiarism is not the answer. Now we have to continue to encourage the next generation to take credit for their own work, and give others credit for theirs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree student should make the effort to try and write instead of stealing others work. It is the right thing to do when you give credit to other for their work.
ReplyDelete